Saturday, March 1, 2014

Fruit and Water....I guess

I'm all about that soda life. And cookies. And cookie dough. And Little Debbie snacks. And pizza. Holy smokes I can't forget about pizza.

Don't get me wrong, it's not that I don't enjoy eating fruits and vegetables. Unless it's creamed corn or raw carrots/celery. Get those anywhere near me and you may get a punch to the throat.

My problems is I enjoy food and beverages that are in no way good for me. But how is that different than anybody else? You tell me you don't like the way junk food tastes and I'll call you a liar. 

My last goal that I wanted to focus on for the month of February was eating healthier and drinking more water. I wanted to learn how to cook too, but hey, baby steps. I did focus more on preparing something to eat instead of eating fast food or eating something super processed like a lunchable. I have eaten a lot of sandwiches and salads. And by a lot I mean that's pretty much all I have eaten this month with the occasional difference. 

Doing this Happiness Project and blogging about it I feel like I can't back out of anything. So this month was kinda hard for me. You know, I'm on my way home from work and I'm all, "I could really use a Rt. 44 from Sonic" and then I have to tell myself, "NO ANDI YOU ARE SUPPOSED TO DRINK WATER ONLY". So then I go home and pour myself a nice refreshing glass of boring old water. I usually feel better about my decision. Usually. 

And then there are other days when for a snack I want to eat a whole bag of chips. And since you can't quit everything cold turkey, I just eat half a bag of chips. Everything in moderation, right?

I'm not trying to eat healthier or drink water only for the most part to go "on a diet" or anything, because I know I don't need to lose weight. I'm doing this because people say that when you consume healthier foods and drinks you generally feel better. And you know, I guess my end goal for my Happiness Project is to feel better all around. And you know what? Besides the whole college thing taking every ounce of energy out of you, this month I haven't felt the need for caffeine to stay awake and I just feel healthier. Which is kinda cool. 

So ending the month of February I know I'm going to continue to try and slowly get rid of junk food and soda from my life (but not completely - I need some to make me happy). I'm also going to begin running more consistently since IT IS FINALLY ALMOST SPRING AND I DON'T HAVE TO RUN INSIDE ANYMORE BECAUSE I REALLY HATE THAT. So once this snow storm passes and we get warm weather, you can find me on the trails, because that's what I love most. 

LOL. I love giraffes. 


No comments:

Post a Comment