Thursday, March 6, 2014

My Semester Vow

This month my main focus for my Happiness Project is really staying on top of my school work and working hard. Welllllll, in preparation for this month I made a vow at the beginning of this semester that I'm still kicking myself for.

I vowed to not miss class unless I absolutely have to.

That's right, you read that correct. I'm actually going to class.

Now for those of you back in Centralia who are all saying, "well Andi you're such a good student I can't imagine that going to class is really that big of a vow", I'm here to tell you that things have changed for this dedicated scholar of the past. 

College happened.


(Okay let's be real, buzzfeed quizzes happened and they consume my life and I have to take every single one that comes out because they tell you so much about your life and I gave them up for Lent for this reason and now I don't know how to procrastinate anymore)

But in all seriousness, my study habits were less than average last semester and Rachel (roommate) would tell you that I went to about 25% of my classes. HOWEVER, I totally rocked all my finals and ended up with grades that I would have expected even if I did go to class, soo...WINNING.

ANYWAYS, this semester I have implemented my vow. And I have only missed one class and that was during syllabus week to go to Chan's college visit. 

Do you know how hard it is to walk across campus to an 8:00 am class in negative temperatures? Do you realize how much willpower that takes to make yourself leave your warm apartment? Last semester I wouldn't have been able to tell you how that feels. And this semester I can.

It is terrible. Horrible. I hate every second of it.

Except this semester I am taking classes that I actually care about and am interested in so sitting through them isn't the absolute worst thing ever I suppose.

Even though I don't typically enjoy going to class, this semester so far I have been less stressed overall. By going to class it makes it easier to stay on top of everything (shocker, right?). By staying caught up I don't have to stay up for a week straight trying to teach myself all of the material before the test. And that makes me much happier and a lot less grouchy. So YOU ARE WELCOME, RACHEL.

Who knows, maybe by the end of this month I'll be way ahead of the game in my school work and I'll get more than 5 hours of sleep per night. LOL. Probably not though because that will just give me more time to hang out with friends. College.

No comments:

Post a Comment