Wednesday, July 23, 2014

Tackling a Bucket List

So the month of July is supposed to be where I pursue a passion. Well, you know how some people really love to craft? Or play music? Or stick with one thing?

Welcome to the mind of Andi where my brain has a difficult time fully completing one thought before moving on to the next. I don't think there has ever been a time in my life where I have focused all of my energy on one thing developing a "passion". 

SO. Here is where my brilliant idea began. I'll walk you through it. 

We'll start back in December when I was developing my Happiness Project. I got to July and decided I wanted to "pursue a passion". Well my first obstacle came about when I realized that I didn't have a passion that I could really focus on for an entire month. I mean, everybody knows that I would just get bored if I picked one thing. So that's when I decided I was going to make a BUCKET LIST. 

Yep.

I've seriously made probably 50 Bucket Lists in my life so far. I think it kinda dawned on me that doing awesome things in my life that will create a story to tell is my passion. Let's be honest, I can tell a story. Though it may be way too long and detailed and not very interesting to most, by golly I love telling stories. 

I realized that a Bucket List would be great for me because I can literally do a different thing every single day if I wanted to and have every activity fall under one category. Genius, I know.

Fast forward to about a month and a half ago.

I'm laying in bed one night thinking about my Bucket List idea for July when ALL OF A SUDDEN I have an even more brilliant idea. 

Okay what I say next is important. Well, it's important to me. Only because it is ANOTHER project that I'm extending from this one because I have loved writing about all of my adventures and I'm not quite ready to stop in just a few short months.

ANYWAYS.

I'm going to make my Bucket List extend through my 20s. That's right. Nine whole years of Bucket List shenanigans. And I'm going to do one item from my list every month. For nine years. Yes, I do know that is a lot of Bucket List items. 108 to be exact. Makes me excited just thinking about it! THINK OF ALL THE ADVENTURES I AM GOING TO HAVE. 

So here's the part that is slightly ridiculous about my Bucket List project. I'm going to write about it. All of it. Like, every event that I do. Not on a blog, though. Some of them, maybe, but not all of them. Why you ask? Well, I'm going to write a book. LOL. I turned this project into a masterpiece. The last item on my list is going to be to complete the book. Do I know if I'll ever let anybody read my book? Who knows. It's more for my own satisfaction of completing a project this big. 

Anyways.......I don't have the entire list complete yet. But I start next month. I'm not doing any of them in July because I'm going to start when I turn 21 so I have a complete nine years to work with. 

BUT, here is what I have so far:

1. Skydive.
2. Go surfing.
3. Ride an elephant.
4. Go a week without using my cell phone.
5. Run a half marathon.
6. Run a marathon.
7. Complete a triathlon.
8. Complete a half iron man.
9. Sing karaoke.
10. Swim with dolphins.
11. Ride in a hot air balloon. 
12. Make a quilt.
13. Learn to play the guitar.
14. Hold a snake.
15. Go on a police ride along.
16. Go either scuba diving or snorkeling.
17. Attend a presidential speech or debate.
18. See the town my dad was born in (Bitburg, Germany).
19. Attend an African American church.
20. Give blood.
21. Plant a garden (one with food, not flowers).
22. Donate hair.
23. Research my family history.
24. Have my palm read.
25. Eat an insect.
26. Be an extra in a movie.
27. Go on a date to a drive-in.
28. Crash something (wedding, party, ect).
29. Take a dance class.
30. Complete a 1,000 piece puzzle.
31. Take a self-defense class.
32. Live in a foreign country.
33. Visit every state in the USA.
34. Go on a spontaneous road trip.
35. Go on a mission trip to Africa.
36. Go on a mission trip to Haiti.
37. Walk on a glacier.
38. Learn to drive a stick shift.
39. Go paintballing.
40. Be a big sister (big brothers/big sisters).
41. Be on the field at a NFL game.
42. Write thank you letters to those important to me.
43. Learn to golf well.
44. Go to Harry Potter World.
45. Graduate from Mizzou with my undergraduate degree in Health Sciences.
46. Graduate from grad school in Physical Therapy.

So that's all I have so far. If you have any suggestions of something interesting to add, feel free to let me know! I am very open to suggestions. Or if you would like to do any of them with me, I love company! Unless it's the puzzle. I'm doing that bad boy alone.

Sorry, I just really love puzzles. 



No comments:

Post a Comment