Friday, August 15, 2014

That's Unexpected Alright

So if you know me in the slightest, you know that I stick with things that I'm comfortable with. 

Sure, if an opportunity presents itself for an adventure that is new and exciting I'd totally jump on it. But you know, I like my daily routines to be pretty normal. Nothing out of the ordinary. 

It isn't that I don't enjoy doing the unexpected or going on random adventures. I totally love it. I just generally don't go out of my way to do it. 

For example, growing up near Columbia you would assume that I have gone to most places for food and fun here, right? Wrong. People who move here from out of state know more places here than I do. It's not that I don't want to try new places, I just don't. When I go to a restaurant it would be a safe bet to assume that I'm not going to try something that I haven't had there before. It's just what I do.

ANYWAYS. 

August I am supposed to focus on trying new things and doing the unexpected for my Happiness Project. Well by golly am I in the process of doing the unexpected right now. 

Also if you know me, you would understand how I am around people. I'm very outgoing and can talk to a brick wall, but I'm not about to really try and force a bunch of random attention on myself. I'm just usually as chill as a cucumber.

So my start to this crazy story happened a few weeks ago at the lake.

I went with some friends to get supper at Shady Gator's when I was approached by two girls asking me to sign up for their swim suit contest. LOL.

Literally. LOL. That was my initial response. Like, whatever dudes. You don't know who you're talking to. I'm super awkward. 

Well after some persuasion and me thinking about the rules to my Happiness Project, I agreed. And it was ridiculous. And I could go on for days about how crazy and totally unlike me it was. However, it was actually kinda fun.

But maybe I only found it fun because I won and got $100 for it. So you know, winning helps. 

So it continues with them inviting me back for finals. And I said that I could maybe come back but we'll see.

Well GUESS WHAT. The grand prize is $3,000. Sooooo....uhhhhh....yeah I said yes. And I talked to the lady in charge of finals yesterday. 

And DOUBLE GUESS WHAT. This finals shindig is way more intense than I was/am prepared for. Like, GUYZ, this is insane. 

It's next weekend. Both Friday and Saturday. I have to go to a whole bunch of things. It's on tv. I have to do a little photo shoot. I have to ride around on a boat. I have to dress up in a nice dress one evening. And of course I have to do another swim suit contest thing. 

Like, HOLY GUACAMOLE. If this isn't doing the unexpected then I don't know what is. 

Everybody say a small prayer that I can contain my insanely awkward and weird self for two days. 

No comments:

Post a Comment