Friday, September 26, 2014

Life, man.

Guys. Lots of really cool things have happened to me in the past two weeks but I've just been so busy so now I'm just going to summarize everything. 

FIRST OF ALL. School is awful. So hard. So busy. I don't have free time anymore.

So the first cool thing I got to do was see JANE GOODALL speak. Yep. Not kidding. She came to Mizzou and it was one of the coolest speakers I have ever voluntarily listened to. She was memorizing. Like, my mind didn't drift once. She is just so inspirational. She knew what she wanted to do as a little girl and stuck to her guns and made her dreams become a reality. At the end of the session she took time for questions. Side note - most of these questions were absolutely ridiculous. I mean, ridiculous. People were legit asking her what they should do with their lives. HOW IN THE WORLD IS SHE SUPPOSED TO ANSWER THAT QUESTION?! Ask something worth her time, people. Annnnnyways, one girl asked how she overcame the notion that she couldn't do what she did because she was a girl. The wonderful Jane responded by saying to not pay attention to her gender because it doesn't matter. Being a boy or girl doesn't matter. Just do you. Okay she didn't exactly put it in those exact words, but you're catchin my drift. She's just awesome. 

My favorite quote she spoke during her lecture was, "every single one of us makes a difference every day and it's our choice what kind of difference we make". HOW SERIOUSLY AWESOME AND TRUE IS THAT?! Sure, somebody else has most likely said that in a lecture or a speech and she isn't the first. But when you're absolutely focused in on a person talking and she says that it makes you think. 

Thank you, Jane Goodall, for impacting me by the wonderful words you shared at my school. You're the bomb.com.

So then came along this past weekend. Which was epic.

The Mizzou game was Saturday but we won't talk about it because we lost and that was super depressing. 

ANYWAYS, I went to STL with my brother and our friend Alec around halftime of the Mizzou game. This was for our second annual trip to watch the Cowboys vs Rams. Last year we took an all night road trip down to Dallas, TX to watch and it was fantastic. This year we didn't have to travel quite as far which was pretty cool too.

So we stayed with my family there.

And on Sunday before the game obviously we have to make it a typical Esparza weekend and watch the kids run in a triathlon bright and early. But this was actually really cool because how many people can say that they get to watch their little cousins dominate all the other kids in a triathlon?! My cousins rock. 

Then, Sunday afternoon, I completed the second item on my 9 year bucket list. I was able to stand on the sideline at an NFL game. And it was fantastic. Guys, you don't even understand how huge these men are until they run right by you. Like, holy guacamole. Their biceps were bigger than my waist. My whole body was like one of their legs. They could crush me with their pinky finger. Basically what I'm trying to say is that if I took a tackle from one of them I wouldn't ever get up again. 

We were on the sideline until the game started so we were able to take pictures and watch them warm up. Obviously, we watched the Cowboys. 

AND WE STOOD SO CLOSE TO JERRY JONES. WHAT IS LIFE. 

And then we went to our seats and the Cowboys won so it was a fantastic day. 

Then this week happened and it has been quite awful but it has shown me just how lucky I am to have so many people in my life who care about me. I took my first and hopefully last trip to the ER with my asthma. Apparently some virus really knocked me out and my lungs practically shut down. I know I joke about my asthma quite a bit and play it off like it's no big deal. However, it actually is a bit scary when your medicine isn't helping and you literally can't breathe. I mean, your lungs are kind of a vital organ to survive. Anyways, I have a new lung doctor and she is seriously great and hopefully I'll be back on my feet before the weekend is over! Thank you everybody for your prayers!

And maybe most important of all, SCANDAL CAME BACK LAST NIGHT. Life just got so much better each week.

So besides my lungs being the worst ever, I live a life that pretty much rocks. I love college. I love my friends. I love my family. I love all of the opportunities that God gives me. I'm a lucky gal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment