Monday, January 13, 2014

Door Of Faith Orphanage

God gave me the opportunity to go on the most absolutely amazing mission trip January 2-9, 2014 to La Mision, Mexico. We went to Door Of Faith Orphanage and to say that this altered my life would be an understatement. The people and kids were more amazing than I could have ever hoped and I left a piece of my heart there when I had to come home. No matter how long of a post I make, it could never be enough to explain this place. 
This is the group I went with and they were fantastic. 

During the week we were there, we spent the majority of our time building relationships with the kids - because they are awesome.
We also were able to serve others by filling bags with items including food and personal hygiene products to give to the less fortunate.
We also were able to serve breakfast to those in poverty one day in Tijuana at a local church. Such an awesome experience to serve The Lord.
We also ate wonderful Mexican food, drank apple soda, and went to the beach. Which was cool.

(Guys that's my roomie and she loves God and the Colts. I forgive her for the Colts thing. Go Cowboys.)

Honestly, I can't put into words how amazing this trip was. God used us to do His work this past week and I think the only way to slightly describe it is through pictures. So here are a few of my favorites:

Dios te bendiga. <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment