Tuesday, January 21, 2014

God Is Cool

One of my main focus areas of this month is to commit to a devotional. Really, I've already started one of those and I'll talk about that more as time goes on. It's called "Jesus Calling" and it is super fantastic. However, something I am really wanting to do this semester that I feel will get me on track for the year is start attending a campus ministry regularly. 


That fine specimen (aka Han Pan my roommate last year and one of my best amigas) asked me to go to Veritas at Mizzou with her. This is a group of college kids that meet on Tuesday nights for a little bit of worship and then a sermon. 

I've attended other campus ministries before for two reasons. 1) Obviously I just want to learn more about God and form a better relationship with Him and 2) Phi Lamb requires you to be in an outside ministry of some sort. However, I've never been consistent. Maybe this one will really catch my attention and keep me around, but who knows because I'm pretty much all over the place. 

I signed up for a small group though so I guess by default I could be kinda stuck for the semester. Maybe that's a good thing. 

Anyways, this applies to my happiness project because by getting into a schedule with not only my devotional every day but weekly groups that meet all for the purpose of getting closer to The Big Guy, it makes me happier. Spending time with God makes me happy and I really can't give you a good reason why I don't make it more of a priority in my life even when I know I should other than the fact that I'm human and I'm selfish. 

Just the idea of a campus ministry makes me really happy. How lucky are we that we live in a place that allows college kids to meet in a lecture hall (where I have taken classes and tests) regularly to glorify God?! That's a pretty cool deal we've got. Some people in the world don't have that luxury.

Basically I'm just really excited to start up a weekly schedule that I know will strengthen my faith, thus, making me happy. God is such a neat fella. What a guy. 

 

3 comments:

  1. Andi, just promise me that you will think and question a lot! It won't destroy faith but will strengthen it. And if you ever want to practice preaching... ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Guess who wrote this...will try to find my google password..so I can sign I n. Fran

    ReplyDelete
  3. I definitely will think and question! And I think with that comment I will always know who it is coming from. Haha! :)

    ReplyDelete