Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Trusting God's Plan

So if you have ever been around my mom and sister during one of Chandler's baseball games.....you will catch on pretty quick to two things.
1. They lecture me a lot (and Chan we really have two moms how fun).
2. They plan.

Now when I say they plan I don't mean what we're going to have for supper that night or discuss what we're all doing that weekend. They plan events months and months in advance also expecting me to remember all of this and schedule it in my mind. LOL okay. 

Okay okay, I'm not saying that I don't plan things. I'm a firm day by day planner. It drives me crazy if I don't have my complete day planned out in the morning because I just really like to know what I'm doing.

I also like to really be in control of my life. I like to think about my career and where I'll be at in 10 years and when I'm going to be able to afford to buy a Jeep Wrangler. You know, important stuff.

However, this is something I have really been trying to work on.

I mean, no matter how much I WANT something, it's all going to come down to if it is in God's plan for me. And this is scary for me to think. It's not like I can just get God on the line and be all, "Hey, man. So can you just tell me real quick like if I'm finally in the major that you want me in?". 

I'm big on facts. I like knowing if something is good or bad, right or wrong, ect. So when it comes to planning my future, trusting in God is seriously really hard for me. I know that He knows best, but how am I supposed to figure out what He wants me to do?

This semester in Prayer Group through Phi Lamb I have done a lot of soul searching and praying about what my purpose is in life. I think it has something to do with serving. God has put me in so many positions throughout my life to serve others and that is what makes me truly happy. 

I don't think I'll ever actually know what God's plan for me is. Maybe this makes me a bad listener, I don't know. I've been told that I tend to slightly interrupt others on the rare occasion so maybe I should work on that before I really give a good listen to what the Big Guy has to say. 

I believe that God knows my heart though. And he knows me better than I know myself. No matter where I go in life I know that His plan will always find a way to overcome my stubborn self and He will take control. And that's pretty neat, really. 

The fam. We're so cool.

3 comments:

  1. If you want to make God laugh, tell him your plans! If you want to have an amazing life, say "Thy will be done."

    ReplyDelete
  2. By the way, that God laughing quote was from me. I just couldn't figure out how to log on to leave my name. Remember what I have always told you.... ;-) Fran S.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha I had a hunch that it was from you! :)

    ReplyDelete